What is the easiest way to get my music onto Wristband Radio?
A. Simply attach your mP3 file to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please limit each email to 2 songs or 10MB in size.
What is in it for me?
A. Your content will be on a regular rotation with other local musicians on a streaming radio station that listeners can access through the internet from almost any device with online access.
This does a few things for you:
- More regular airplay of your music than any other local radio station provides
- Statistics of how many listens, entries, and exits your songs get
- Link to your home page from our site
What services do you plan on adding / How do you plan to grow the site?
A. The services we add will depend on demand from listeners and content providers.
What kind of control do I hold over the content I provide?
A. If you wish for us to remove your content at any time, please send us a written request and we will respectfully remove your materials.
What are the criteria to become a “Featured Artist”?
- Artist must have digital or hard copies of music for sale on iTunes and/or Amazon’s music stores (or another online retailer) -please send links to email@example.com
- Artist must have a live show within 1 month before and/or after the proposed “Featured Artist” listing
- must send link to an online event calendar (can be the band’s website or another live music calendar)
- exceptions can be made for bands gearing up for an album release or reunion tour
- Artist must have graphics sized at least 125x125 (pixels)
- can be on another website to copy from
- can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artist must have submitted at least 1 album or 6 (six) total singles to Wristband Radio
- Artist must have a short bio somewhere online to link to or must send one to email@example.com
- Priority is based upon: Amount of live shows played recently (or upcoming), Proximity of album release or other noteworthy event, Amount of recent online activity, Amount of regular interaction with Wristband Radio, Activity of fan base, Availability of merchandise and music for purchase, Overall online presence, Other factors that show you are actively trying to reach out to fans and participate in bringing up the local music scene
If I get signed by a major label, what happens then?
A. We’re consulting with legal resources right now to see exactly how that would go down. If you want us to keep playing your content after you get signed, you may be able to work that into the contract with the record company.
How are you going to use my content other than just playing it?
A. Our agreement states that we can use your content for promotional reasons related to the site only. So, we may use small snippets for intros and station breaks, for example. Make sure to let us know if you don't want your music modified.
How do you plan to compete with regular radio?
A. Currently, there are no radio stations in Omaha that deliver only local content 24x7. By default, anyone who is interested in consuming all Omaha area music is a natural listener for Wristband-Radio.com. Also, with the growth of mobile content, we will actually be ahead of all local stations by having options for nearly any browser, device, o/s. On top of that, WB-R wants to create a community around itself where listeners and bands get to help make the station better and better for years and years.
Are people going to have free access to my content other than on the stream? (i.e. free downloads)
A. At this time, there is no plan to give users the ability to download content from our site for free. We do plan on adding links to content you have online using other channels already in existence (your own site(s), Amazon, iTunes, etc.)
What are the ways that people can access the stream?
A. Most devices, mobile and stationary which can connect with the internet including, but not limited to, the iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone, Mac, PC, Smartphones with Android. We're also tested with the following browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Mobile Safari and... *sigh* Internet Explorer.
Will there be a rating system or comment system added so that I know who likes which songs the best?
A. In the near future, we would like to add a rating system. We are currently deciding on exactly how to proceed in a way that matches our standards for the site.
Will people eventually have more control over the stream? (skip, pause, etc.)
A. It's definitely on the wish list here in the office. This feature will be added if the users demand it.
Can I embed the stream on my site?
A. Yes, but we have to monitor that very closely to start with. Soon, we will have a widget or a page with code to copy and paste into your site editor for easy embedding on your band’s website.
More Questions? - Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org